Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday March 20!

Yesterday's Trivia Answer:
Frozen and Frozen II

Today would have been an early release for school! Starting next week is Spring Break, so that will be a fun week OFF! No need to check in on the blog, no need to do any homework, what you can do as a family is to play games, go for bike rides or walks!

Using my giant tv, I found out that my phone can project on to my tv! So my daughter's and I went on some virtual roller coasters via Youtube!

My kids loved this ride, and then we watched BOTH Frozen movies!


Also wanted to make sure we could ALL get into RAZ! It is an ONLINE learning resource dedicated to reading and phonics! Headsprout is the phonics based portion! RAZ is online reading and answering questions.

Your child has access to award-winning digital resources through Kids A-Z, Learning A-Z's website created for students. After your child logs in, each website your child's teacher has subscribed to is shown. Your child can work on assignments or select other resources for reading and writing practice.

Starting the week AFTER Spring Break, I will be having your child read a story, and answer questions, some of the books may get harder but that is only because that is where your child has progressed too! They can RECORD themselves reading the story, and I will be able to hear them! This will be such a good thing for them and for me to promote online learning!

Also after spring break, I will be recording videos for math, and uploading a worksheet that goes along with it! Now if you do not have a printer at home, no worries, feel free to copy down the answers and email them and I am happy to accept that!

We will also be focusing on writing! I hope the "journals" I sent home are doing awesome! I can not wait to read them when we come back!


But for today's "learning goal" let us "explore" (and by explore, I do mean explore for parents, as your child has already mastered these goals) ABCYA!
Go to abcya.com and play any learning game! It is fun and interactive and the best part is they are LEARNING WITHOUT ACTUALLY REALIZING IT!! (Amen!)

Let them play some games of their choice for 30 minutes and then have fun being a kid! If they are driving you stir crazy or they are stir crazy, feel free to go for a hike and try to think of a word that starts with any given letter!
An example would be:
B, between my kids and I we would think of as many words as we can starting with B, and then keep going and see how many funny words we can create with no repeats!

B-balloon, baboon, baloo, behinds, bee, bug, bazingo!


I can't wait to see all of my students' faces when we come back! Try not to grow up too fast!

Image result for i miss my students

Friday Trivia:
Scar is the villain (bad guy) in what movie?

Image result for scar disney



3 comments: